Friday, July 31, 2009

Work Travel


I've just started packing for a week away at a work conference next week. I had never really been away for work, until I got this job, but after 3 years of regular travel, I've learnt a thing or two about how to pack well.

My top 10 things to pack are:
  1. a sleeping mask - because you never know who you'll share a room with, and it's nice to be able to go to sleep when you want, not when everyone else wants
  2. your joggers - so you can get some exercise to make up for the huge amounts of artery-clogging food you're offered
  3. a packet of paracetamol - headaches always seem to accompany a day of meetings
  4. your own pillow - there's nothing like having the comfort of your own pillow to make up for a different bed
  5. your phone charger - leaving this at home brings much heartache
  6. slippers - there's nothing nicer for the end of a long day or for those early mornings when you're waiting for your turn in the shower
  7. a mattress protector - sleeping on a plastic-coated mattress covered in just a sheet is not my idea of luxury
  8. something to read - if you get woken up early and you can't get back to sleep, at least you have something to do without having to get out of bed
  9. a headlamp or torch - to help you read without disturbing other
  10. going out pj's - it's time to leave the daggy t-shirt and shorts or the fancy lingerie at home and pack decent pyjamas that you don't mind being seen in

Now I just have to follow my own advice and make sure I pack it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment